Have you been to Mawgan Porth beach yet? No? Well, you just found your next fun stop and most likely will be a favourite, especially during the summer. The Times newspaper also published it in their list of top ten beaches.
Along the Atlantic Coast of North Cornwall, to the north of Watergate Bay, about 6km north of Newquay, mid way between Newquay and Padstow is where you find this breathtaking cliff-engulfed beach. It’s ever abundant white sands and wowing coastline never fails to impress.
Things To Do at Mawgan Porth
Whether an individual or a group, you just cannot run out of fun activities to engage in while at the Mawgan Porth beach. These include:
- Surfing, and if you wish to learn how to, there’s a local surf school, King Surf.
- Swimming whether in the ocean or in the rock pools around.
- Site seeing. There are a number of caves within and some attractions close by, such as a zoo, a circuit, The Japanese Gardens et cetera.
- If a cold beer with your friends is the plan, there’s a pub with a kitchen.
- Having lunch with the family? There are a few restaurants in the vicinity and a fish and chips takeaway if you want to eat at a different place.
- Do you enjoy taking walks, jogging or cycling? Discover this vast stretch of land from either direction including the South West Coast Path with the feel of the cool breeze on you. You’re welcome to walk your dog as well.
- Boat trips, explore a little further into the ocean than you normally would while swimming.
- Shopping, other than the functional beachside shops you can shop nearby at St Mawgan, Kingsley Village, St Eval, Wadebridge, and more.
- Golfing for any level at Merlin Golf Club where there is lots of fresh air and an amazing view.
- Did you know you can beach fish? Plus there are plenty of fishing spots without but close if you prefer.
Mawgan Porth Accommodation
Looking to visit Mawgan Porth beach a few more days or the entire summer? There are various accommodations you can get; for instance, half a mile back from the beach front is the Sun Haven Valley Country Holiday Park a caravan and camping park. More options are as follows:
- The Scarlet
- Bedruthan Steps Hotel
- Blue Bay
Bed and Breakfasts
- Sea Vista
- Carne Crest
- Kernow Trek Lodge
Pubs and Restaurants Nearby
- The Falcon Inn
- The Travellers
Beach Safety Information
Lifeguards are in place daily from 20th May to 1st October. Patrol times are from 10am to 6pm. For more specific safety and lifeguard information, visit the Mawgan Porth page on the RNLI website and check through their site for more general beach safety advice.
You should be aware of tide times as there is the possibility of being cut off when exploring the beaches in Newquay. For detailed tide times along with surf forecasts, you can visit the Mawgan Porth page on Magic Seaweed.
Have you visited Mawgan Porth? Let us know what you think in the comments below.