Newquay Accommodation Guide
Newquay has a wide range of accommodation to suit all needs and purposes. We have a listed a few of our favourites below. Keep checking back for more updates and special offers. It does get really busy in the summer, so try to book early to avoid disappointment.
Hotels in Newquay range from budget to grand so there will be something to suit your taste and budget. Many of the larger, well established hotels such as the Headland, The Atlantic or The Esplanade occupy the most prime locations in the whole of Newquay. If you want to stay in an awesome spot, with complete pampering, spas, games rooms, swimming pools, tennis courts etc then check out some of bigger hotels. We’ve researched some of the best hotels in Newquay and listed them below. Click the hotel name to head directly to Booking.com if you wanted to book or explore more options.
- The Headland Hotel and Spa (9.0/10) – A classic Newquay hotel. Quite simply one of the best locations you could imagine, directly overlooking Fistral Beach. Huge and classic. Also home to it’s own surf school – The Surf Sanctuary.
- Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa (9.1/10) – Another amazing location, directly overlooking the other end of Fistral, in the Pentire area.
- The Scarlet Hotel (9.3/10) – A short drive to the main Newquay town area but just a couple of mins walk to Mawgan Porth beach. Amazing views and facilities.
Newquay Holiday Cottages and Villas
There are loads of beautiful country style holiday cottages in and around Newquay for your holiday retreat. Newquay has loads of accommodation to choose from, some of the best holiday cottages in Newquay are listed here for your reference. It does get really busy in the summer, so try to book early to avoid disappointment. However, you can sometimes find last minute holiday cottages accommodation in Newquay if you just turn up. Most cottages can sleep large groups and are ideal for your retreat after a big night out, or simply just to enjoy the best that Cornwall has to offer. Here are some of our recommendations:
- Trescowthick Barn – Only 3 miles from Fistral Beach, a cosy holiday home with barbecue and fireplace.
- Manor House – A 15th-century manor house with sea views set in National Trust land.
- Trethiggey Farmhouse – A listed Georgian farmhouse which sleeps up to 15.
Self Catering Flats and Apartments
Newquay has loads of self catering flats and apartments accommodation to choose from. Over the years, many new apartment buildings and complexes have been built in Newquay – many of them overlooking the various beaches. Many of these are available for rent through the summer, or indeed all year round. A self catering option is ideal if you want to do your own thing and feel completely at home during your stay in Newquay. It gets really busy in the summer, so try to book early to avoid disappointment. Here are some of our top picks:
- Sunrise Apartment (9.5/10) – A great choice with exceptional reviews. This will feel just like home during your stay in Newquay
- Kernow Trek Lodge (9.9/10) – Just outside the main Newquay area, close to Watergate Bay and Mawgan Porth. Very highly regarded judging by the reviews online.
- Azure 7 Apartment (9.6/10) – A couple of minutes walk to the famous Fistral beach. Very modern, well equipped apartment with everything you need.
Newquay Guesthouses / B&B’s
Guesthouses are a classic option for visitors to Newquay and the town has plenty to choose from. Most bed and breakfasts in Newquay are large townhouses in the centre of town. You’ll normally find that you can walk everywhere you need and you’ll be in close vicinity to all the major attractions in the town. It’s very easy to get around and there are many beautiful beaches to visit, all minutes from the town centre. Newquay accommodation can be hard to choose so we’ve hand-picked some of the best rated guesthouses for you here:
- Chynoweth Lodge (9.8/10) – The top rated guesthouse in Newquay, based on Booking.com reviews. Great location in the middle of town. Walking distance to several beaches.
- Tregarthen (9.8/10) – A top pick on Booking.com with countless positive reviews. On the outskirts of Newquay but within walking distance to the lovely Porth Beach.
- Lazy Waves Bed & Breakfast (9.7/10) – Overlooking Towan beach, right in the centre of the action. Great sea views and a cosy bed.
Newquay Surf Lodges and Budget Hostels
Newquay has loads of surf lodges, surf hostels and backpackers for the budget traveller. Check out a few we have listed here to get you started. There are loads in town and they do take walk ins, so just check if they have room, you may be in luck. Newquay has loads of surf lodges accommodation to choose from, some of the best surf lodges in Newquay are listed here for your reference. Surf lodge accommodation is ideal for groups or for those on a tighter budget. These spots are also ideal for meeting up with other guys and gals who are up for having a good time. Many of the surf lodges and hostels in Newquay have lively bars and live music on their premises. Here are a few of our top picks.
- Smarties Surf Lodge (8.9/10) – Just a 10 minutes walk from Fistral Beach and the town centre. Very friendly and knowledgeable host.
- Ocean Surf Lodge Newquay (8.4/10) – A short walk to the beach and town. Has on-site bar and restaurant.
- Kandi Lodge (8.8/10) – An awesome base with easy access to the everything in the centre of Newquay. Bacon sandwiches also available!